1/28/08

Servant of all?


Proverbs 31:11-12

The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.


An early breakfast was done, morning Bible reading was done,the snow shoveling was done, and dear husband and I were watching the snow still falling and it was to continue all day and did.Right then, I had a moment I thought to be creative, and wanted to write, so I asked my dear Husband, "What should I write about"? His reply..."tell them how to make wonderful delicious meals for your husband."

I know my Husband... that meant..."what we gonna eat and I hope it will be soon?"

No sooner are the dishes done, and the chores done and it's time to cook again.
I suppose if we ate prepared foods it wouldn't take so long but lovingly preparing healthy nutrious meals take time.

Needless to say, I got up from the computer and proceeded to make Broccoli and Beef over brown rice, one of DH's favorites. I suppose I could post the recipe, but maybe another time. It is more important to point out that as a domsetically inclined woman, it is important to me to please my husband. You know your husband and the little things that make him happy.

Here are a few of dh's...
favorite things... I think I hear Julie Andrews now :)

~Quite time in the morning to read his Bible with a cup of fresh coffee
~The smell of garlic in the air when dh walks in the home after work
~A pile of fresh socks to choose from each morning.
~A wife who walks away from the computer when it's time to make a specially requested meal
~and many more.....

Choosing to be a wife that God sees as admirable is work. It is work that the Holy Spirit does from the inside out. After awhile it does not seem as work anymore, because after so many years of marriage...25...I should know the things that please my husband. When I asked my dear husband what I should write about I was really looking for an extememly spiritual topic to share with you ladies, and for a moment was shocked to hear him answer as he did. But then, as I cooked I realized the importance of his answer.

I guess it is because I was brought up by a mother who came from the Old country (Deutschland)...Germany, with old fashioned ways, who taught us girls to cook and clean and to think of and serve others first, that my life seems "normal" to me.

But when I look outside these walls, and see many young ladies rushing kids to day care, and rushing to work and rushing to pick up dinner everyday from one place or
another that I appreciate the path that God has laid out for us.
It can't be easy for moms who have to work, and Lord helps those that have to, but for those that choose to throw away the years on seeking to satisfy self with a career loose out on so very much. If you have the heart to want to change, start today. Begin to simplify your life, and bring it back to serving others and do them good and not evil all the days of your life.

2 comments:

Mrs. V. said...

This was a very good article. I would love to hear more about the Old Country and the old ways your mother taught you.

Now, I must be off myself to attend to my husband's meal!

Domestically Inclined said...

You made me smile! Hope he enjoyed his dinner, and I will share some more soon.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin