1/7/08

My Shield, my Strong Tower!

My sheild, my strong tower, my Jesus!

The godly offer good counsel they know what is right from wrong. They fill their hearts with God’s law so they will never slip from His path.
Those who are evil spy on the godly, waiting for an excuse to kill them. But the Lord will not let the wicked succeed, or let the godly be condemned when they are brought before the judge.
I myself have seen it happen-proud and evil people thriving like mighty trees. But when I looked again, they were gone! Though I searched for them, I could not find them!
Look at those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future lies before those who love peace. But the wicked will be destroyed; they have no future. The Lord saves the godly; He is their fortress in times of trouble. The Lord helps them, rescuing them from the wicked. He saves them, and they find shelter in Him.
Psalm 37:30-40


I grew inured to falsehood and spite. The stings at last caused me no more pain than if I had been made of iron; but at first they were galling enough. Do not be surprised, dear friends, if you have the same experience, and if it comes count it no strange thing, for in this way the saints have been treated in all time. Thank God, the wounds are not fatal, nor of long continuance! Time brings ease, and use creates “hardihood”. No real harm has come to any of us who have run the gauntlet of abuse, not eve a bruise remains.

(C.H. Spurgeon)

When others spy on me and wait for an excuse to kill me, Jesus is more than willing to be my shield and strong tower, my fortress in times of trouble, because I have pleaded my cause before the Judge and trust in Him, and commit all my ways to Him, because He loves me.
There are many more mountains to climb, before my Savior returns…..climb on!

(M.H.)

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin