8/27/08

Preservative & Gluten Free Pancakes




I made my first preservative free/gluten free pancakes the other day!


I just made up a recipe and was pleasantly pleased.


Preservatice & Gluten Free Pancakes

Put dry ingredients in mixing bowl:
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
1 Tbls dry brown rice cereal
1 Tbls cornstarch
1 Tbls brown sugar
1 Tabs baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
Add and stir in according to desired consistency:
½-1 cup buttermilk

May add blueberries or banana slices after placing in pan, before flipping if you like


Review: The dry Brown Rice cereal gave it a whole grain taste and texture which I liked.

They were fluffy and I didn't feel like I was missing out on "real" pancakes.

I'm not a big fan of pancakes, but once in awhile I like a really good one with fruit, and these really hit the spot. Try 'em, I think you'll like them, and so will the rest of the family.

2 comments:

Ace said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I am back again at your two blogs taking in all the great info and learning, learning, learning!

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!!! You are much more creative than I am. I just buy Pamela's Baking Mix. I used to be more creative with my gluten free recipes, but homeschooling, running a household, dealing with chronic pain and keeping up with a bipolar husband...well, I just don't have time and energy to do it all. Maybe when the kids are grown I'll have time to mess around in the kitchen more...right now it's just survival.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin