8/25/08

The Front Porch Sale

What kind of laundry is hanging on your front porch?


We have had so much fun with our front porch sales.
Now that the weather has cooled off it is so nice
to sit out on the front porch in the shade
and enjoy talking with those who stop by.
I've had a lot of homemade items and vinatge items out front,
as well as a table of pretties and household things we don't really need.
Also a couple of bikes, one of which has already sold.
After hubby puts out the signs on near by corners we settle down on the porch
with a cup of coffee and he plays guitar and I work on another crochet project.
We have been able to speak with and to give away many of our cd's that contain
music with a godly message to those who stop by.
I've photographed a few of the things I've made and
as I was looking at the clothesline we strung up across the front of the house
it made me thing of a story to share with you....
I thought these pictures were so pretty that I wanted to share them with you,
and many who stopped by admired the nice things.
But can you imagine if I had put out all the dirty laundry to share with the world!
How many people do you think would stop by to look at
the dirty kitchen towels and wash rags or even worse?
Just imagine what's in your dirty pile of laundry waiting to be washed.
I don't think I would stop to admire someone else's dirty laundry.
When I took these pictures it reminded me of the saying...
"We don't air our dirty laundry"
I would much rather read things here in blog land that
encourgage me to walk closer to Jesus, to read my Bible,
to keep my home, to be a good mother and grandmother, and wife.
It's not that I think of women as "perfect" or "not real" with uplifting blog posts,
just forgiven.
So keep those godly woman posts coming.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Phiippians 4:8

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin