4/18/08

Tea Time Recipes



Week #6 April 20 - April 26
The-Sweet-and-Savory-of-Yummy
Here it is April 21st, and we are still getting snow! So it will be a pleasure to look at the recipes posted from this weeks tea event. It would be nice to turn on the oven and try some new recipes and warm up the house too!
Here are some of my favorite recipes for tea time treats. I have put them in a collection to make it easy to share with friends. Email makes it so easy to share recipes with people all over. So feel free to print them out and enjoy.


Lovely Tea Time Recipes
to enjoy with a friend or two, or three…



Chocolate Chip Toffee Scones
(I cannot remember where I got this wonderful recipe)

Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup chocolate-covered English toffee baking bits
2 cups cold whipping cream

For Topping:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
granulated sugar

Preheat oven 375 degrees and lightly butter two large baking sheets. In large bowl,combine the flour,1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts and toffee. Beat the cream in separate large bowl until stiff peaks form, fold into dry ingredients. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly until a soft dough forms. Gently shape into a circle and with serrated knife cut into wedges. Place on baking sheets a few inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.



Clotted Cream

(Recipe from a friend)
It goes well with tea and scones.

6 ounces cream cheese
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ tsp salt
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and salt.
Beat in cream until stiff peaks form.
Can be made up to 24 hours before serving and kept cold in the refrigerator.



Lemon curd is a thick, soft and creamy, spreadable cream that has a wonderful tart yet sweet flavor. Lemon curd is another popular topping for scones. This recipe is from Joy of Baking


Pumpkin Biscotti
I wrote the original recipe to be made with chocolate chips OR raisins, and have come to prefer raisins, although others have tried it and liked the chocolate chips better and some like it better with both.
This recipe is one of my favorite tea time and coffee time goodies to have on hand for those who drop by.
I have already posted my recipe on my site at the following link…Pumpkin Biscotti

11 comments:

Marye said...

everything sounds fantastic! I need to try the toffee scones first!
marye
kettleandcup.com

La Tea Dah said...

Wonderful recipes! Thank you so much for sharing them. Your post is lovely!

LaTeaDah

Arleen said...

These recipes sound delicious! How wonderful to have chocolate and toffee in a scone! The Clotted Cream and Lemon Curd are making me salivate. :-D

And I'm going to save the Pumpkin Biscotti recipe for the fall as those sweets would be especially tasty in October and November.

Thank you!

ellen b. said...

Oh thank you for these wonderful recipes! It all sounds so good...

Vee said...

Wonderful recipes! I've tried lemon curd and it didn't work. I may have to give yours a whirl. Beautiful post!

Steph said...

I've got a pumpkin choco-chip sweet bread recipe that I think is wonderful, so I'll have to try this as well. Isaac misses having biscotti and tea after lunch.

JTR said...

Lemon Curd works great as a Christmas gift in a cute little jar with a red checkered ribbon. I may try your recipe next year.

Mrs. V. said...

Oh you do have some wonderful recipes here! I will certainly be copying some to my recipe book.

Domestically Inclined said...

Well Steph, I didn't know Issac enjoyed tea and Biscotti at his age. You might have to start baiking or bring him around the next time I make a batch.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Your recipes sounds "Yummy!" I really like the chocolate chip/toffee idea, and want to try it sometime!

Katherine

Grace said...

Tom and I love biscotti!! your post was wonderful

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin