1/16/08

Keepers at Home


Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalm 16:11


These words stood out to me from this mornings Bible reading. The world tells us this is a meaningless dead end drudgery of a job, and that we as women should go out into the world and “find” ourselves and “make something” of ourselves. But God tells me He will show me the path of my life, and He has in His word. If we are to find any sort of contentment or fulfillment in life we must surrender our own wants and desires and live the way God intends. I know, some may think this is Dark Age reasoning, but remember the Dark Ages were brought about because the light of God’s word had gone dim.

Those of us with domestically inclined hearts are “keepers of our home”. We guard the home by being good “house-keepers”, that are discreet and chaste. When was the last time you and your friends discussed chaste, or discreet? They are not really a hot topic these days are they? Well, since there is fullness of joy in the presence of God, then what God says is worth exploring.

To be discreet is to be sound in mind or self controlled or moderate in opinions or in passions.
To be chaste is to be clean, innocent, modest and pure.

Those two definitions don’t really paint an accurate picture of the average young or older woman in society today. So we are faced with a choice. Will we be like the women of today that use their charms and sex appeal and manner of dressing to attract men so that we may play with them? Or will we choose the path God has laid out before a godly woman, that of being obedient to our own husbands that the word of God be not blasphemed or spoken evil of.

Guard you heart with all diligence, for it affects everything you do!
God’s word will keep your feet on the path that will lead to His right hand with pleasures forevermore. So find comfort and peace in the beauty of the home around you domestically inclined heart, for this blesses your Father in heaven, and your family here on earth.

"To keep debt, dirt, and the devil out of my cottage has been my greatest wish ever since I set up housekeeping; and although the last of the three has sometimes got in by the door or the window, for the old serpent will wriggle through the smallest crack, yet thanks to a good wife, hard work, honesty, and scrubbing brushes, the two others have not crossed the threshold." ~ C.H.Spurgeon


3 comments:

Mrs. V. said...

Well said. Another good post. Would you mind if I linked to you in my sidebar? I'm going to be doing some work on it this weekend.

Domestically Inclined said...

I would be honored, would you allow me to do the same?

Mrs. V. said...

Of course, that's perfectly fine with me.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin