4/10/08

A Stitch in Time...



Week #4 In Gracious Hospitalitea Blog-A-Thon

...Saves nine! Beautiful Tea stitches help set the table nicely for a cozy cup of tea. This stitched table cloth was at a friends house who helped me host the bridal shower of my Daughter-in-love. She brings me much joy after only raising boys and on top of that she and our son blessed us with another tiny little female blessing not to long ago. Oh, what a wonderful thing to be an Omi. ( German Granny)










I have a Quilted Pillow hanging in the kitchen along with the aprons. I found it on one of my many trips to a local second hand shop and it seemed appropriate to snatch it at the time. Life had been particularly rough these past few years but I have a Savior who watches over me He bought me with His precious blood. Which means I am His and I am expensive, and He loves ME...ME...very much and I don't go through anything unless it passes His desk first! So when I look at this each day it reminds me that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


The pillow reads..."A woman is like a tea bag, You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
But my strength comes from Jesus :)

7 comments:

Arleen said...

I love this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt! And it is so nicely featured on your beautiful pillow!

Vee said...

Oh I like that parting comment! I also agree with Eleanor. LOL!

How wonderful to have a new baby granddaughter, too!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I like all your tea things! I especially like the pillow!

Katherine

Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

Thanks for sharing the little pillow with the saying. Very cute! And, my strength comes from Jesus, too!

La Tea Dah said...

Lovely post --- and beautiful embroidered tea linens. I love using bits and pieces of embroidered ware for the tea table. And I enjoyed the tea quote too. Thanks for sharing!

LaTeaDah

Sandy said...

Love the quote and your linens. I see we share the same source of strength!!!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

We really need more women like Eleanor don't we? Lovely linens you shared :).

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin