2/21/08

Out of the mouth of babes You have ordained praise!



Out of the mouth of babes You have ordained praise!

I was driving home from Bible study late one night during a snow storm when I listened to a message my sister left on my cell phone. Thank God I turned it off before service...(don't you just haate having your's ring during service, how embarassing!)
My sister is not a believer in Jesus, yet, but she thought I might be interested in hearing what my niece said. Their family is packing to move and while taking a break from the work my niece who is 4 years old, sat down at the piano bench in the garage and began to plunk away at the keyboard. She has not had any lessons, but loves music. She can still recall the words to many praise songs, that she heard us sing and play to her when she came to visit a few years ago. Her mom listened intently and when the music was over she told her "Honey that was beautiful".
Very thougthfully my niece replied..."thanks, I know mommy, I wanted it to be, because I was playing for my Jesus!"
My eyes teared over so quickly listening to the message I almost couldn't see between the snow flakes. It was so sweet to hear what was in the heart of that little one. I miss her dearly, but I know that even though she is far away, Jesus loves them, and is drawing them to Himself.

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin