8/3/10

Old Fashioned Redwork

The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 19:1

My handiwork is nowhere near what God has made,
but it does keep my hands from being idle.
Redwork is a handiwork that traveled over to America from Europe
prior to the time of the War between the States.
I love the simplicity of the work.
Even while resting, we can keep our hands busy,
a few stitches at a time and
Voila! you have something to show for your time.
There are many patterns or iron on transfers
to make your Redwork easier,
or draw your own and trace onto Muslin.
I just finished the piece below and will most likely turn it
into a wall hanging and then off to begin
an Herb Rosemary Herb Pattern on a Flour Sack.






© Monika Hardy

1 comment:

Val said...

Oh my goodness! This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with me. I will be adding you to my blog list.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin