8/2/10

Quilting

It has been such a pleasure to be able to make some time to be able to put together a quilt top. I've been taking lessons from a friend who is offering a quilting class to ladies.
I've have sewn many things throughout my years, but never a quilt top. We used a Crazy Quilt Pattern, a variation of a nine patch. I've done just a bit at a time for the past 6 months. I don't like to use my seam ripper at all and wanted to make sure I was doing every step just right,
so I put it together piece by piece over time to insure that
the seam ripper would never need to be used.
We were given wonderful instruction and the choice of using many different fabrics that she has accumulated over the years to construct the quilt. Fellowship among the ladies is also included :)


When the quilt is finished it will be donated to a local Pregnancy center. It has been such a blessing to pray while sewing and asking God to bless and care for the child and family that will receive this Quilt. There is more stitching and praying to be done, but I wanted to share this with you so that you can help me pray for the little one that will receive this blanket. It was made for a little girl in mind as I chose fabrics with a Old Victorian Theme in mind.


Oh, and you might keep me in your prayers too,
to keep the evil seam ripper away :)

God Bless you Debi, and thanks!



© Monika Hardy

2 comments:

ChaChaneen said...

Oh that is just beautiful and worthy of all your hard work! I will be praying!

0 said...

WOW! This is so pretty Monika!!! I love the colors! You got all the seaming so straight too, Mine are never so perfect! Great job!!!
~yankeegal

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin