5/22/08

Simple Devotion



Imagine my delight when I came across this Simple Devotion Ring at


Sharing the word of God with others online was the entire reason I started blogging here, and low and behold God lets me see there are 7,000 others out there just like you Eljah! :)

Click on over there and jump in!

God is so very good to us!


So for today's Simple Devotion God has reminded me through My Three Daughters down in New Zealand that we believers are just like sheep. Now I wouldn't call you a dumb sheep, but sometimes that is exactly what I am! But you know God loves me anyway! I recognize my unworthiness and yet my God looks at me through the blood of Jesus and sees a pure white sheep in the righteousnes of Christ, instead of a sin laden black one. As long as we stick close to Jesus we are safe in the arms of our Shepherd. Just like the Shulamite maiden who asks where can I find you, the answer comes quickly to anyone wanting to listen...stick close to the flock little one.

Stay in fellowship with true believers and feed upon His word...
for there you will find Jesus and peace and rest for your soul!

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
If thou know not, O thou fairest among women, go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, and feed thy kids beside the shepherds' tents.
Song of Solomon 1:5-8


1 comment:

Linda said...

I am really glad the sheep were a blessing.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin