5/19/08

Tea Pots

Every tea pot in their place and a place for every tea pot!

Gracious Hospitali-tea Blog A Thon
May 18 - May 24 The Pouring TeapotThis week is all about sharing about teapots. Do you have one? two? or three? maybe more? Is it for display only or do you use it for tea? What is the tea server you use most? Your favorite teapot (or is it something like a quart jar?). Tell your teapot story, give it's history, and tell what it means to you. You can share more than once if you'd like. Antique, new, Asian, English, or something in between --- we'd love to know!
It is so nice to have several sets to be able to use for different times.


This one comes out polished or not,

along with special goodies to offer with it at the same time.

And for family get togethers, bridal showers, baby showers.....



This ceramic harvest tea pot comes out in the fall to enjoy and celebrate the cooler weather, because with it comes time to begin baking fresh bread after the hot days of summer.

Don't you just love those

tiny little tea infusers shaped like a tea pot?

I've always wanted one. I've also seen the little tea strainer that goes on the end of spout as you pour from your tea set, but have not been able to find one yet. I keep hunting through the antique and second hand stores for these.

This is the old stand by working tea pot. Good and sturdy and I love the look of it through winter spring and summer. We were going to visit Grandma and Grandpa campsite a few years ago and he ended up being sick so we had to bug them out and head back home. On the way back we stopped in a little gas station in Kingston along the river and they had a gift shop. Well I just had to take a minute to look and I found this tea pot on sale for $8.00!

Yummy Mini cheesecake recipe


The grand finale!

The set has been in the family for many years. Originally it came with four tea cups and saucers and belonged to my grandmother who brought it out of East Prussia and gave it to my mom who gave the set to me for our 25th wedding anniversary. It is of great sentimental value being in the family for so long. The set was made in Bavaria.

A heartfelt thank you to La Tea Dah for being such a gracious hostess in our tea time adventures!
It has been such a joy to come to know so many of you. I guess that is just what happens over a cup of tea.

6 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

A very sweet post --- and lovely teapots. Your gold Bavarian set is pure perfection! I love it and think it's pretty special that it's been passed down through the family! Wow! Thanks for sharing!

LaTeaDah

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You are right - I love that gold set from bavaria. It's so nice to have something like that and the story to go with it.

Anonymous said...

What an heirloom set you have in that Prussian set. I love it!!!

Thanks for your kind comment on my pillow. That was a fun project, and was a boost to my confidence! :)

Lynn said...

I love your beautiful pictures. I tried to publish your comment on my blog and now can't find it - really sorry - still new to all this technology. thanks for visiting me and I'll be back to your lovely site!

Vee said...

Oh my! Such lovelies here...I am particularly taken with the green teapot with a branch handle.

Domestically Inclined said...

Hello Vee good to see you drop by again!
Welcome All things bright and beautiful! I found the comment I posted on your site on the May 13 post, so you must have done it right after all, and may I add you have a lovely place!

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin