9/18/09

The pain of it all....


I've missed visiting with many of you and writing here lately as life has been busy with mom, but I am happy to report that tests results we were waiting on came back fine! She is doing fine and enjoying visiting with her "people" at the Alz Day Care. I went in on Monday to share the word of God and worship Jesus with them. I was the one who went away blessed. They all truly enjoyed hearing from God, and reading the Bible and singing and raising their hands in worship.

The next day I went in to have a tooth pulled, and ended up having major oral surgery and two teeth pulled. It was quite an ordeal that the Dentist does not want to go through again....I don't either I might add, but I have one more that needs to come out. You see, I had the German Measles when I was young about the time these molars were forming and they came in weak and it's a good thing to get all that mercury out of the mouth. However the last one is the oldest root canal I've had done and may be the most difficult. This week has been pretty painful, but it reminds me to pray for a few others I know that are going through much pain themselves.

God is good all the time and fills us with all that we need. I know friends were praying this week! God held me up. I am going to miss being at church tonight with the children though. At least I will be able to watch church online. Thank God for technology, and friends who care enough to pray for me.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

II Corinthians 1:13-14

© Monika Hardy

5 comments:

Marsha said...

God is good all the time. Last week was one of the most painful weeks I have had in a long time. But He was there all the time to hold me up and keep me going. I'm also on the mend now. Only two more physical therapy appointments to go, being extra careful this next week and doing my exercises and he says I should be "good to go". Pain has made me more empathetic toward others who suffer.
I hope you continue to feel better and better. Dental work is never fun. I have to get two crowns soon...I dread that day.

Conny said...

OH Monika - ouch - I hope you are feeling better soon. I really dislike dental procedures though I know they are necessary & helpful in the long run.
DANKE for the Geburtstag wishes for my son over on my blog!

Mrs. E said...

Indeed.... the Lord is SO good!

Love~ jen

Lori said...

Glad to hear you're all doing well. :) Although I'm sorry to hear about your tooth trouble! Ugh! If there's one thing I "fear and tremble" at the thought of...it's the DENTIST! LOL! I'm nothing but a big ol' baby when it comes to somebody messing with my teeth. :)
Hope you heal quickly and well.
Glad to see a post!

TO BECOME said...

Dear Domestically Inclined, so good to have you come over for a visit.

I am so sorry about the pain that you had to go though because of your teeth. Hope if you have to have the other one out, it will be much easier on you.

I just wanted to stop by and say, "THANK YOU!!" You are a blessing to me. connie

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin