2/10/09

A.A.A.D.D

Mature Couple Sitting on a Bench Laughing by Kellie Walsh
Mature Couple Sitting on a Bench Laughing

I've seen this go through email rounds in the past, and just thought I would share a good laugh with you....no I'm not poking fun at the elderly...I see myself in here... do you?

L I V E , L A U G H , L O V E
I THINK I'VE HAD THIS FOR A WHILE.
AAADD KNOW THE SYMPTOMS. . . . . PLEASE READ!
Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder. Somehow I feel better, even though I have it! ! Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. -
Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests: I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.
As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table , and notice that the can is full.
So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.
I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left.
My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.
The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water.
I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.
I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote.
Someone left it on the kitchen table.
I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.
I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed the bills aren't paid there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.
I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. . . Do me a favor. Forward this message to everyone you know, because I don't remember who I've sent it to. Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! That's one of those "read it and weep" posts! I know my day is coming.

Domestically Inclined said...

I'm sorry Civila, I didn't mean to make you weap, it makes me laugh, cause I already go through it now and then :) and it makes me laugh to think of myself like a duck swimming around in circles in a pond.

Sharon said...

Sounds like my day.

Sue said...

This was so great, Now, I know there is a name for what ails me.lol Just loved it.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Been there, doing that.

Now if I can just find the ink cartridge I bought last Saturday and haven't seen since I carried it in the house.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin