2/16/09

The Simple Woman's Day Book

FOR TODAY February 16, 2009
Outside my window...Ice banks covered in fresh snow
I am thinking...In the sweet by, and by, we shall meet on that beautiful shore, in the sweet byb and by we shall meet on that glorious shore!
I am thankful for...God's Love
From the kitchen...Gluten free sugar free oatmeal raisin, almond bars
I am wearing...An olive skirt , black blouse, Polka dot apron, black sandals, and my hair twisted up in a pencil.
I am creating... an upclycled outfit from clothes in my closet, I cut up an old denim duster and am making it more feminine with added ruffles, and making it a two piece jacket and skirt by adding more fabric. I love denim as it lasts so long, but this piece has been too big and I am finally going to be able to wear it soon.
I am going...to heaven soon, just waiting on the Rapture
I am reading... Jesus love letters to me, and sewing patterns, and re-reading Revelation and notes...chapters 1-6 now posted on Domestically Inclined Devotions Page
I am hoping... for Jesus to come back for His Bride very soon!
I am hearing...my maids washing and drying the clothes...(the washer and the dryer)
Around the house...A new Thomas Kinkade Puzzle in a 1,00 pieces just waiting to be conquered.
One of my favorite things...A good hair day
A few plans for the rest of the week: simple practical organizational work around the house
Here is a picture for you....Our sons a few years ago at a restaruant with their friend the Moose.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You have some handsome sons. When I read that you have a song on your mind I thought, she's probably like me, a song for everything. Just say a word and a song pops in my head.It's wonderful to have encouraging songs of hope hid away in your heart that jump to your mind without even realizing it.

Laurie and Bill said...

Oh, and I love that song, "In the sweet..." It'll be in my head the rest of the night!

Yes, your boys are very handsome!! The moose...not so cute! Just kidding!

Sharon, I, too, have music in my head all the time, although I am a very, very bad singer. LOL!

Whenever I feel anxious, I just start singing in my head or under my breath (wouldn't want anyone to hear my terrible voice), I start to feel the anxiety ebb.

Mrs. E said...

Awww......what beautiful musings!
Thanks so much for sharing, they were a JOY to read!!!

Many Blessings in Jesus,
Miss Jen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful picture of sons, wonderful song. And I simply MUST get over to your devotions blog now. I've been reading Revelation myself and just read chapter 5 this morning. I'm so glad I popped in and found that.

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin