2/24/10

Domestic Abode

The following verse came to mind when asking God for a name for this site.

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Titus 2:4-5

During a word study on the verse the term "Keeper at Home" stood out to me.
The term can also be translated...

G3626
οἰκουρός
oikouros
oy-koo-ros'
From G3624 and οὖρος ouros (a guard; be "ware"); a stayer at home, that is, domestically inclined (a "good housekeeper"): - keeper at home.


So the name was chosen...."Domestically Inclined"
That was a few years ago, and upon doing a web search for the name, I don't believe there were any others with the same name at the time. Now you can find many, some who are similar in thought and deed, however some who use the term to poke fun, or get their site more hits.

I am not a genius when it comes to computers and websites. Obviously, as I use the helpful Blogger to take care of most of the technical stuff. This Domestically Inclined woman may bore you with posts of homemaking, and Bible, and frugality, if you are not inclined to want to read these sorts of things. That's ok, I'm not here to please everyone, and I am certainly not an expert, but only sharing what God has taught me. However... to mock good, and praise evil is not right. I am not shocked, as God told me this would happen...


Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20

Matthew Henry Commentary makes this statement regarding the previous verse...

Let a man be ever so high, death will bring him low;
ever so mean, death will bring him lower.
The fruit of these judgments shall be,
that God will be glorified as a God of power.
Also, as a God that is holy;
he shall be owned and declared to be so,
in the righteous punishment of proud men.

Barnes shares the following in regards to the propher Isaiah's words...


"perverting and confounding" things, especially the distinctions of morality and religion, they prefer erroneous and fake doctrines to the true; they prefer an evil to an upright course of conduct.

So some may say, these men lived a long time ago and their mode of thought is out dated. I disagree! It is the word of God that stands as TRUTH for eternity. Making up ones own "Reality" that is contrary to God's opinion is false and foolish.
Let me sum up lest you think that I am angry with those who mock good and can't stand to be bored with TRUTH or listen to such dribble...

It is for your soul the enemy wrestles, and wants to take you with him, for he knows it is too late for him and wants to take as many with him to the pit of hell as he can. Stop now, Don't let him make a fool or worse of you!


For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Romans 14:11

I can't make you choose this, and Jesus won't force you to bow that knee and confess on earth, but after death we will all bow the knee and confess Jesus as Lord! Your decision on earth will decide your "Domestic Abode" for eternity

What's it gonna be?

Heaven
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3


or Hell?

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28
© Monika Hardy

5 comments:

Conny said...

powerful words, my dear! :) I am thankful for those who continue to stand for the TRUTH! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Monika:

I've never had to deal with contentious mockers, but I would encourage them to look elsewhere if they don't like what's on your blog. There are many of us who get great encouragement from homemaking blogs such as yours. Those were excellent verses that you cited...be encouraged!

Sharon said...

Keep up with what you are doing. There will always be some who mock Christians, but we need to stay strong in the Lord. I love your blog!

Love Abounds At Home said...

I love reading your blog it's far from boring. Those people don't know what they're missing. Continue blessing me and others :)

Domestically Inclined said...

Thank you so much ladies for the encouragement. Knowing each of you and your blogs, we all get our encouragement in Jesus, and with His strength will continue as long as He wants to use us. To God be the glory!

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin