2/3/10

You never know what the day may bring

She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31:13

It has been a busy month this past month and that I suppose why I am wondering where January went. Keeping busy making items for the reopening of my ETSY shoppe...
Domestic Lady, trying to reorganize a home after a year of my attention on mil and just shoving papers and things away in boxes and drawers instead of actually sorting through them. It is amazing what can be stored away in the home! There must be piles and pile of things to go through. I know all these things must be dealt with, and I am excited about the new areas of creativity as far as music, by completing our newest CD, Who Can Mind the Journey, and many other sewing and crocheting projects.
Inspiration and creativity together with keeping those hands working bring glimpses of ideas accomplished. How wonderful it is to see the fruit of your hands.
However, one step forward and two back, keep me behind my goals.
Mom is requiring some more care and oversee these days, and it is good to watch out for those who cannot speak for themselves as God reminds me. So things get put on hold, but peace remains when self remains available to God's timing and God's will.
Fortunately for me it was not my turn to give up my life preserver.

1943 - The Allied troopship S.S. Dorchester was torpedoed by a German sub and went down with a loss of 600 lives. As it sank, four chaplains gave up their lifejackets to shipmates, thereby also perishing in the icy waters. The bravery of Rev. Clark Poling (Dutch Reformed), Rev. George Lansing Fox (Methodist), Father John Washington (a Catholic priest) and Alexander David Goode (a Jewish rabbi) led Congress afterward to mark February 3rd as "Four Chaplains Day."

© Monika Hardy

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin