3/16/09

Simple Woman's Day Book

Outside my window...No ice on the vehicles and I can see the concrete! I am thinking... what a wonderful weekend dear hubby and I had even with much to take care of.
I am thankful for...my dear husband who works hard and by God's grace provides so that I can stay at home. I was just talking with him this morning at breakfast and he was talking about things he needed to take care of at work, when I realized how wonderful it is to just have to think about taking care of the home rather than home and work details. It's been years since I worked outside the home and it was at a nursing home. I would wake up in the middle of the night and wonder, did I mention to the next shift that the oxygen tank was getting low, did I record the blood pressure of the patient in room 14, and will I have help on my floor in the morning or will they be hung over again and call in sick? Thank you Lord for such a hard working husband who loves you and me.
I am also thankful for...my friend Kym's Monday Morning Messaging Ministry! MMMM :)
From the kitchen... A re-arranged kitchen. I put my desk back in there with a lace cover to stop any "drop offs". It works like a roll top desk so that the next time I need to USE the desk, it is free and clear of "drop offs". Also, brown rice and brocoli with TVP, and fresh baked peanut butter cookies.
I am reading... The book of Luke and Simple Social Graces
I am hoping... hmmm, last week I was hoping my knee and back would feel better, and it does now that it is not one degree anymore. I thank God it does feel better as I got to help my grandaughter practice taking steps this week! She is sooo cute and adorable, but then I am biased as I am the Omi!
I am creating... a more spring condusive living room and kitchen, as the wetter weather is bringing in more wet and gritty foot prints on the flooring. Good thing I my vitamins this weekend as I moved most of the furniture and cleaned the flooring under it and rearranged with more rug space at the doors.
I am wearing... New glasses from Costco! I can now read my Bible in my lap again and see all the way to the front of the Sanctuary, Praise God! I am so tired of reading it on the computer. These are my first pair of progressive bifocal lenses and I was told I should take a few weeks to get used to them, still wobbly on my feet with them though.
I am hearing...the annoyingly loud dryer buzzer! I need it though on Laundry days to keep me on the Laundry task. I just need to remember to turn it off when Mother in Love goes to bed earlier than we do.
My favorite things... a cup of hot decafe, my new glasses and my Bible...in my lap!
A few plans for the rest of the week... Continue to reorganize for spring, and try to get some housekeeping help so I can keep up with Mother in love, and take my vitamins!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



You can visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Day Book

2 comments:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Great day book! Enjoyed seeing what you were up to!

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. I hope you have a good week.

~Susan

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin