4/21/09

There once was a man named David,

Rainbow Over Bryce Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, USA by Kevin Levesque
Rainbow Over Bryce Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, USA




based on Psalm 61

There once was a man named David
with his whole heart did he cry unto God,
pleading that God would listen carefully

His heart was overwhelmed.

“Guide me, bring me, lead me
to the Rock of my soul
the Tower of my refuge
to a place of shelter from the enemy”

In Thee O Lord, as David, do we abide.
It is in Thee that we long to dwell… for eternity.

We will trust, safe from the sorrows of the world,
in Thee, and under the shadow of Your wings.
A place of safety and rest and peace,
comforted from the earthly struggles and spiritual battles.
A place where praise and worship flow from You through us.

You Oh Lord are our portion forever.
In You we receive our inheritance.
A portion of suffering
A portion of temptation,
A portion of persecution,
A portion of poverty,
For the servant is no greater than his Master.
One day a portion of eternal life in Your courts.
While in this earthly realm, and in Your hands of mercy
my days are numbered by You.

Because of Jesus, we as David shall abide before God forever!
Long live the King! Let mercy and truth protect Him!
Praise be unto God for You keep Your promises!
May we never cease to praise you for You Oh Lord
are worthy to be worshipped!

And when my heart is overwhelmed….
Lead me to the Rock that is Higher than I
Lead me to the Rock that is Higher than I
Lead me to the Rock that is Higher than I
For Thou hast been a refuge unto me.



© Monika Hardy

2 comments:

Lori said...

Amen and Amen!! :) I have missed your posts the past few days. Hope all is well!

May the Lord bless and keep you, and strengthen you for all you do!

Mrs. E said...

What a beautiful post...
The picture fit the words perfectly!
Thank you for this post!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin